An intimate scrapbook documenting the trials and tribulations of nereis, our intrepid nematode at large (and a somewhat inconsistent blogger)

Monday, November 17, 2003

Have just finished packing the last of my stuff into boxes. I've hired a truck to move it all to my new apartment tomorrow.

I suddenly realise, tonight is my last night in the family home. It's quietly depressing emptying out one's room. Taking down those pictures, removing all the personal clutter, so carefully layered over time. Discovering lost objects amongst the dust bunnies, letters and presents from friends, assorted hair thingies left behind by ex-girlfriends, receipts for year's of purchases... It's either in the bin or a box now. I've given my space back to the void ... it will no longer be an extension of me.

Tomorrow, this room will be empty, and I will be living on my own.

One half of me shouts hurrah! The other half wipes a tear away.

No comments: